Alaska has so much to offer, so much to experience! Here are a few recommendations to help you build your Alaska bucket list!
I absolutely love living in Alaska. Life here is an adventure and I wanted to share with you some things you should consider putting on your Alaska bucket list! I’ve written about my personal bucket list if you’d like to check it out!
If you’re visiting north Alaska
- Drive to the Arctic Circle
- Spend a weekend in Barrow
- Dip your toes into the Arctic Ocean
- Photograph polar bears in the wild
If you’re visiting the Alaskan interior
- Visit Denali National Park
- Take a scenic plane ride around Denali
- Visit North Pole, Alaska
- Send a postcard/letter from North Pole
- Zipline near Denali with Denali Zipline Tours
- Visit the University of Alaska Museum of the North (Fairbanks)
- Take a dip in the Chena Hotsprings.
- Explore the World Ice Art Championship in Fairbanks
If you’re visiting central Alaska
- Walk around downtown Anchorage
- Visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center in Anchorage
- Visit the Anchorage Museum
- Watch the start of the Iditarod
- Climb Flattop Mountain in Anchorage.
- Photograph migrating birds at Potter Marsh (Near Anchorage)
- Watch the Bore Tide from Beluga Point (Between Anchorage and Girdwood)
- Drive the tunnel to Whittier.
- Visit Portage Glacier
- Take a picture from the hand tram at Winner Creek Trail in Girdwood.
- Take the tram to the top of Alyeska Ski Resort and walk down (or ride tram back down)
- Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center in Girdwood
- Visit Seward
- Walk to Exit Glacier (on the way to Seward)
- Zipline in Seward with Stoney Creek Canopy Adventures
- Go clam digging in Clam Gulch (on the way to Homer)
- Visit Homer
- Cuddle a baby reindeer at the Reindeer Farm in Palmer, Alaska
- Hike to Thunderbird Falls.
- Then have a scenic picnic at Eklutna Lake.
- Visit Kennecott Mines National Historic Landmark
- Visit Valdez
- Ice climb and zip line at Matanuska Glacier with Mica Guides
- Venture to the Mint Hut in Hatcher Pass.
If you’re visiting southwest Alaska
- Photograph bears at Brooks Falls
If you’re visiting southeast Alaska
- Ride the largest ziprider in the world. (Hoonah)
- Explore Ketchikan’s Totem Bight State Historical Park
- Visit Sitka during the Herring Festival.
- Explore Glacier Bay National Park
- Visit Haines during the Bald Eagle Festival
- Zipline on the Alaska Zipline Adventures lines (Juneau)
- Visit the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau.
Adventures that can be found in many spots in Alaska
- View the Northern Lights
- Have my picture taken with the Northern Lights
- Take a dog sled ride
- Ride on Alaska Railroad
- Snowmachine through the forest during a full moon
- Take an ATV trip deep into the wilderness
- Take a helicopter ride to a glacier
- See an Orca in the wild
- Go sea kayaking
- Stand on a glacier
- Watch, and hear a calving glacier.
- Pan for gold
- Whitewater rafting
- Take a ride on a floatplane
I hope you found many new places to put on your bucket list, what was your favorite? Do you have any recommendations? Comment below!