So what would an Alaskan put on their Alaska bucket list? Here’s mine!
I love Alaska! No matter where I am, I see the beauty of this great state. I cannot get enough of it! Since I love to explore, I made my own bucket list of places and sights I have not experienced yet. I love adventure, and I can’t wait to start ticking each location off my list!
What is going on your list?
Far North Alaska
- Drive to the Arctic Circle
- Camp above the Arctic Circle
- Spend a week in Barrow
- Dip my toes into the Arctic Ocean
- Photograph polar bears in the wild
- See a large herd of migrating caribou
- Visit North Pole, Alaska
- Take a dip in the Chena Hotsprings while the snow is falling.
- Explore the World Ice Art Championship in Fairbanks
South Central Alaska
- Cuddle a baby reindeer at the Reindeer Farm in Palmer, Alaska
- Visit Valdez
- Stay at the Orca Island Cabins near Seward.
- Zip line at Matanuska Glacier with Mica Guides
- Take a picture from the hand tram at Winner Creek Trail in Girdwood.
- Venture to the Mint Hut in Hatcher Pass.
South West Alaska
- Photograph bears at Brooks Falls
South East Alaska
- Zipline on the Alaska Zipline Adventures lines
- Ride the largest ziprider in the world.
- Visit Ketchikan
- Visit Sitka during the Herring Festival.
- Visit the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau.
Around Alaska, possibly several locations
- Photograph the Milky Way
- Take an excellent photograph of the Northern Lights
- Have my picture taken with the Northern Lights
- Ride every Alaska Railroad route
- Snowmachine through the forest during a full moon
- Take an ATV trip deep in the forest or to a glacier
- Take a helicopter ride
- See an Orca in the wild
- Go sea Kayaking
- Dip my toes in a glacial lake (a lake on top of a glacier)
- Watch, and hear a calving glacier.
- Take a floatplane to an uninhabited island for lunch.
So there’s my bucket list, did you find a few things you’d like to add to yours?